–Texas Workforce Commission does have disaster unemployment relief for self employed
-The Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation will provide an additional $600/week to supplement state unemployment benefits.
Texas Workforce Commission (Applying for DUA)https://www.twc.texas.gov/…/disaster-unemployment-assistanc…Cares ACT – Payment Protection Program, taxpayer identification number (TIN) is required to apply.
Grant Resources for Musician Assistance
–https://www.grammy.com/musicares with proof of canceled gigs
-list of artist and freelancer relief funds
-Artist Trust.org relief funds
–Texas Music Office Relief funds
–Stand With Austin Fund For losses due to canceled SXSW events
–https://www.austincreativealliance.org/emergency Funds for local artist
-Art is Alive list of grants – https://www.artliveson.com/nonspecific
–Arts and Culture Leaders of Color Emergency Fund – intended to help those pursuing careers as artists or arts administrators whose income has been directly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. This fund is for those who self-identify as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color). If you fit this description and you are in need of short-term, immediate financial assistance
–RAUSCHENBERG EMERGENCY GRANTS – one-time grants of up to $5,000 for unexpected medical emergencies.
-Hire Artist, job exchange community – https://hireartists.org/
–Workforce Solutions Capital Area is maintaining resources for immediate hiring support offered to businesses and workers.
To apply to these positions, click on the links below:
- A Cloud Guru positions here.
- Airborn Inc. positions here.
- Aldi positions here.
- Amazon is looking for warehouse employees, shoppers and delivery drivers. You can find positions here.
- Apple positions here.
- Brookdale Senior Living positions here.
- Bumble positions here.
- Capital Metro full-time bus operator positions apply here and part-time bus cleaner positions apply here. For assistance applying for a bus operator position, call 512-852-7202 or 512-852-7203. For assistance applying for a bus cleaner position, call 512-389-7473, 512-389-7445 or 512-369-6274. CapMetro will host a Facebook live Tuesday at 10 a.m. to answer questions.
- Care.com positions here.
- City of Cedar Park positions here.
- CVS remote positions here.
- Domino’s positions here.
- Facebook positions here.
- Fiesta positions here.
- Guidehouse positions here.
- H-E-B hourly and short-term positions here.
- HealthTrust Workforce Solutions positions here.
- Home Depot positions here.
- Home Instead Senior Care positions here.
- Intel positions here.
- Kalahari Resort positions here.
- Longhorn Village positions here.
- Lowe’s positions here.
- Papa John’s positions here.
- Pet Smart positions here.
- Quest Diagnostics positions here.
- Randall’s positions here.
- Service Master positions here.
- Sprouts Farmers Market apply here or by texting the word “careers” to 480-800-8056.
- TDIndustries positions here.
- Texas Health and Human Services positions here. They’re looking for hundreds of positions, including psychiatrists, nurses, psychiatric nurse assistants, and direct care support staff, at its state-supported living centers and state hospitals throughout the state. Those centers are located in Austin, Abilene, Brenham; Corpus Christi; Denton; El Paso; Lubbock; Lufkin; Mexia; Richmond; Rio Grande; San Angelo; and San Antonio.
- The Settlement Home For Children positions here.
- The Zebra positions here.
- Travis County positions here.
- Wallgreens positions here.
- Walmart positions here.
- Wells Fargo positions here.
- WellSky positions here.
- WP Engine positions here.
Local Musician Organizations
Teaching Music Online Resources
–#ATXArtistsEducate. Whenever you post your educational resources online, make use of it! This will work especially well on Twitter and Instagram.
–LinkedIn article, how to teach online and resources
-NAMM Foundation – https://www.nammfoundation.org/projects/namm-foundation-covid-19-resources
-National Guild for Community Arts Education – https://nationalguild.org/covid-19-response